Frequently Asked Questions
Nate’s Place & The Ranch
- Monday : CLOSED
- Tuesday : CLOSED
- Wednesday : 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Thursday : 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Friday : 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Saturday : 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM**
- Sunday : 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
**Our Ranch opens at 10:00 AM on Saturdays
- Cats can be seen during store hours of PetCo, however to adopt a cat, please make an appointment with the individual listed on the cage cards of each cat at PetCo.
4951 Lorraine Road
Bradenton, Florida 34211
8437 Cooper Creek Blvd
Bradenton, Florida 34201
131 N Cattlemen Road
Sarasota, FL 34243
Prices Vary depending on Special Promotions.
Type of Animal
- Senior Dogs (7+ yrs)
- Kittens (Under 1 year)
- Senior Cats (7+ yrs)
INCLUDED IN THE ADOPTION FEE
Our adoption fee includes:
- An adorable new furry family member
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Microchipping & Microchip registration
- Up-to-date vaccinations
- Initial deworming
- Flea and Tick Prevention
- Heartworm Test & Prevention
- FIV/FeLV Combo Test (Cats only)
- 30-day Shelter Care Health insurance (with an email address)
What to bring when adopting
When visiting our shelter with the intent of adoption, there are a few suggested things to bring with you:
- If you rent, please bring either the paperwork that states it is ok for you to have a pet, or the information for us to contact your landlord.
- If you are interested in adopting and already have pets at home, please bring your vet records that show your pet is up-to-date on their vaccines (especially on the weekends) or the information for us to contact your veterinarian.
- When adopting a dog, we will require that you complete a meet and greet with your existing dog(s). If you are interested in adopting a dog and have other dogs at home, please call ahead at 941-747-4900 to schedule a meet and greet. Please note, we do not complete meet and greets with cats.
- Although you can fill out an application at any of our adoption locations at time of adoption, you can also download one here and bring it with you!
- Please have your drivers license with you at time of adoption.
- Free time! When adopting, please plan to stay for at least an hour and a half. Depending on the circumstances, adoptions can take more or less time. Especially on the weekends, our busiest time of adoptions, the process may take more time.
Any more Questions?
Please call 941-747-4900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any more questions about adopting a pet!